Charity & Not for Profit
We are specialist charity accountants, auditors, and examiners; and our clients can be confident about the many issues they face with increasingly complex financial, charity and tax legislation.
We currently act for a diverse mix of clients including: Unincorporated Charities, Incorporated Charities, Charitable Incorporated Organisations and Community Interests Companies. Our extensive knowledge of the sector and forward thinking advice means that we can provide help and advice with all the financial aspects of running such organisations, as well as assisting with the ever increasing demands on charities and not for profit organisations.
Our specialist services include:
- Audits, and independent examinations
- Accounts preparation
- Compliance with Charities Act 2011 and SORP (FRS 102)
- Advice on the tax implications of charity trading, including VAT
- Advice on the formation, structure and dissolution of a charity, including charity mergers
- Advice on trustees responsibilities, governance and risk management
We help our clients to maintain a financially sound organisation focused upon meeting their core objectives.
In addition, we can also provide assistance on:
- a range of different areas of VAT including; zero rate reliefs and the sale of donated goods
- management reporting
- budgeting and cashflow projections
- IT software
- HMRC investigations
Our charity team has a wealth of experience in the charity and not for profit sector which helps us understand the challenges and dilemmas that charities in general face. Paul Barnett is the partner in charge of our charity team. He is assisted by Ann Portwood and Michael Frost, who manage our charity clients, as well as a dedicated team who work closely together to support each charity.
For further information about our accounting, audit, examination and tax services for charities and other not for profit organisations please contact us today.