We are one of the largest independent firms of Chartered Accountants in the East Midlands and we pride ourselves on our ability to lead the way – personally on the business advice given to our clients.
The firm has a wide variety of clients, ranging from large private companies and professional partnerships to the smaller family business, including sole traders.
Personal tax consultant
We offer great opportunities for people who want to pursue a career in taxation in a stimulating and supportive office environment.
We are looking for an experienced tax professional to join our friendly personal tax team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing all aspects of a portfolio of clients, including general administration and billing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and submission of self-assessment tax returns for individuals, partnerships and trusts;
- Preparing forms P11d;
- Advising clients of their tax and national insurance liabilities;
- Calculation of chargeable gains and filing of NRCGT returns;
- Dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC;
- Dealing with disclosures to HMRC;
- Ad hoc advisory work; and
- Liaison with other departments within the firm, clients and HMRC.
Experience of using CCH personal tax software would be an advantage, but training can be given.
The role is full time, although there is some flexibility over working hours. This is a permanent position.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please send a covering letter and our CV to our Recruitment Partner at email@example.com.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced bookkeeper for our expanding department.
The successful candidate should be personable, work well in a team environment as well as on their own, and have extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- Preparation of VAT returns from manual and computer based records.
- Use of computerised bookkeeping programmes and Excel.
- Different VAT calculation methods such as partial exemption and FRS.
- Experience of the treatment of overseas transactions including EC sales lists and C79’s etc.
- Experience of reconciling bank and other control accounts as well as maintaining sales and purchase ledgers.
Whilst payroll experience, including CIS tax, is not essential, the right person should be willing to learn about payroll and assist with tasks in the payroll area if required.
Should you wish to be considered for the role, please send a covering letter and your CV to our Recruitment Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATT trainee position
We are currently recruiting for our ATT training position commencing in September 2018. Should you wish to be considered for the role, please send a covering letter and your CV to our Student Recruitment Partner at email@example.com